Saturday, September 4, 2010

Baseball Fans!

I know I've mentioned this before, but our Renee is a Red Sox fan. For her Birthday this year we got her tickets to a Rays vs. Red Sox game. We have talked about doing this for a while, but we never did it.

Renee wore her Ortiz shirt and cap. There were actually a lot of Red Sox fans in the stadium. The game was completely sold out.

I know it looks like I must have run up to a really high spot to take this picture, but no, I did not. This is where our seats were. We were in section 308, Row G, Seats 3-6. I was nervous, but they were actually excellent seats. It was the fact that we were in G and not MM (that's for MMmmmMM, my nose is bleeding).

Lauren, Rod and I cheered for the Rays. As did this guy who was sitting a couple of rows behind us. Sometimes the crowd was pretty anti-Sox, but overall they behaved themselves. We had so much fun!!

The Rays won the game with a walk off home run in the bottom of the 10th. Excellent game! We got to see an awesome somersaulting catch in Center Field by Boston - it made the #6 play of the week on ESPN. We saw security tackle a guy on the sidelines who was headed for the field. (The crowd was chanting, "Tase him! Tase him!" Ruthless.) A bat split and fly way too close to Evan Longoria. Home run hits by BJ Upton, a Boston guy and Dan Johnson in the 10th. We learned the value of letting a foul ball be a foul ball when it's hit deep to right and there is a guy on third. (Renee really hated that one!) Oh, yeah! And $40 doesn't go very far at the ballpark when you're hungry and thirsty!

We definitely want to go again!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Looks like everyone had a great time. Those were really good seats. It makes me wish we'd have gone to see the local games here this summer. BTW - I love Renee's hair in these pics. And Lauren is as adorable as ever, too.

    ReplyDelete